24 Setyembre 2008

Talking To Your Best Friend

I like to talk. Who doesn't want like their opinions and their feelings heard by their peers. Oftentimes we like to think that we are alone and insignificant that we fail to recognize that there are those who are truly our friends. Part of this liking to talk means that sometimes, I go over the allotted time I gave myself to be social. Like this afternoon, I got so enthralled with finding a clown for my nephew's birthday party That I forgot that I need to get dressed for work and not miss the bus. realizing this conundrum, I resorted to calling Katherine and having her take me to my work. Was there and awkward moment? Just a little. Maybe talking is a bad thing. I now have a student who dislikes me a little because I don't listen to her. Maybe I need to know that I heard it right so that I can make proper judgment. Anyways, the highlight of tonight was talking to Ammon for an hour and a half. Man, it feels good catching up with old friends and I think that a friendship has to have that part where you haven;t seen each other that long but still have stuff to talk about. Well, we are hanging out when I go to Utah next week for General Conference. Man, it is going to be freaking awesome! Talking and friendship to me coincide. One leads to the other and help you in the course of life. I think that it is really great that the Gospel provides a great back drop for that.

2 komento:

McKay Coffey ayon kay ...

Like that one time we just sat and talked for an hour in my dorm at EFY. lol. It's true talking with friends is fun. I found that, more than talking, we need to listen too. Sometimes, when my friends are having a rough day, they feel the most comfort when I just sit there and listen to them. We all need someone to talk to. We all need someone to listen. Thanks for being my listener Kuya.

Mandy Coffey ayon kay ...

hey i just found your blog from McKay... lucky me! :)