08 Oktubre 2008

Proposition 8 in All Its Glory

After work, Jason picked me up from work. Like I said, we have become good buddies. It is just kinda sad that he will be leaving soon. Ugh, why is life like that? I gotta find new friends again. Anyways, it was a very good and informative fireside. It really made me ask myself what I could do to help progress this cause. It is funny because one never really thinks about these kind of things, but they truly are important. One thing I learned from it is tolerance. It really does seem like it would be one way, one side forcing the other to recognise and not coming to any conclusion. I remember back on my mission in this city called Brainerd how odd it was to not feel welcomed in this certain coffee shop. It was a 'haven' for the 'social outcasts.' I think it is funny though because they made us feel more like the social outcasts by the way they stared at us. Almost instantaneously, they jeered at us. I though to myself- for people who want to be treated with respect, they sure are showing us exactly how they want it. So, I guess, I can see what I need to do. I think that the term is paying it forward...I hope that my charity will create a positive response.

Walang komento: